Services & Techniques Offered at Dr. Rod Merritt
At Dr. Rod Merritt, we utilize the most innovative chiropractic techniques, procedures, and tools to deliver the best care possible for every one of our clients in Hilliard, Columbus, and the surrounding areas. If you are in pain and cannot use the full extent of your range of motion, then let our team help restore your life with the following chiropractic care services:
- Spinal Manipulation: Spinal manipulation is a specialized chiropractic care treatment that delivers a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust to targeted areas of the spines. This force, when applied by a trained chiropractor, dislodged misalign joints and correct alignment, thereby reducing pain and improving mechanical function.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is a type of functional medicine in which the chiropractor or a licensed massage therapist will manipulate the soft tissues of the body, which are the skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and connective tissue, via movement and varying degrees of pressure. Targeted massage therapy helps loosen up muscles and can be utilized both for healing after an injury or as a preventative treatment to help reduce the risk of future injuries, such as sports injuries. Massage therapy can relieve muscle pain and spasms, increase blood circulation, decrease inflammation, improve immune system functions, and increase range of motion.
- Nutrition Counseling: Nutrition counseling is an integral service that helps ensure the other services we offer are effective and long-lasting. We strongly encourage each and every one of our clients to request at least basic nutrition counseling during the course of their time with us. With this service, we offer clients a specialized and structured nutritional program based on their needs, and with the goal of helping them achieve total health, balance, and wellness.
- Personalized Exercise Programs: Corrective exercises are another type of counseling service we offer. With this service, we will teach you key corrective exercises that you can perform at your home or our office in Hilliard. These corrective exercises serve as a sort of blueprint that can help strengthen and correct key irregularities or problem areas that are causing you pain and discomfort.
- Spinal and Postural Screenings: It is better to be proactive than reactive when it comes to neck and back pain. Our Hilliard chiropractic care team can assist with that by offering spinal and postural screenings that show where you, a family member, colleague, or other others are at in health. Finding early issues makes it possible to be proactive by implementing things like corrective exercises and massage therapy to reduce the risk of injury and extensive pain.
- Family Chiropractic Care: Here at Dr. Rod Merritt, we are proud to offer services for the whole family. Whether you are looking for prenatal care, pediatric/infant care, or general chiropractic care, we can help.
- Functional Medicine: Sometimes, the pain you are dealing with is due to an underlying problem. Our chiropractor uses a functional medicine approach to find out and address the root cause of your pain. We can do blood work, hormone testing, neurotransmitter testing, digestive/GI panel, and food sensitivities testing at our office.
- Other therapies: We go above and beyond to help our clients reach their goals and get them to a path of wellness. At our office, we also offer spinal decompression therapy, cold laser therapy, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound therapy.
Chiropractic Care for Hilliard and Columbus Residents
You and your family can live a better way of life with chiropractic care. If you are in the Columbus or Hilliard area, schedule your appointment with us today! Call our office at 614-777-1920.